Strawberry Margarita Jello Shots
1. Cut the bottoms of the strawberry flat to get them to stand upright. When you do so, make sure that you do not cut off so much that there is a hole at the bottom.
2. Empty out the center of the strawberry with a small fruit scoop or spoon.
3. Once the strawberries have been emptied, use a towel to pat the outside of the strawberries dry.
4. Check each strawberry and make sure there is not a hole in the bottom before you start filling.
- 1 box Strawberry Jell-O
- 4 ounces tequila, preferably reposado or blanco
- 2 ounce Cointreau
- Salt for garnish
1. Boil one cup of hot water in a saucepan, then add in Jell-o powder and whisk until powder is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Set aside. Measure out 1/4 cup of cold water and set aside.
2. Combine tequila and Cointreau, in shaker filled with ice. Add liquor mixture to cold water and stir to combine. Then add cold liquor mixture to hot Jell-o mixture and stir to combine.
3. Pour final Jell-o mix into strawberries and chill overnight. Dip your finger in water or use a moistened brush to wet the edge of the strawberries, dip and rotate the strawberries in salt to rim. Garnish with cut lime triangles to finish.
Date night in a jar
(Could be altered to be best friend dates in a jar)
I used big popsicle sticks and spray painted them different colors. Each color represents a different type of date (and each color is explained on the tag) and the white sticks were used as fillers.
Red sticks have more expensive dates on them that require planning on our part.
- Bed and Breakfast
- Dinner at a fancy restaurant
- Hotel stay for the night
- Auburn home game and away game
- Concert and dinner (his choice)
- Concert and dinner (my choice)
- Weekend away
- Coupes Massage
Dark pink sticks have “at home” dates:
- Chopped Challenge (like the television show on FoodNetwork)
- Fondue and Almost Famous
- Takeout and board games
- 1,000 piece puzzle and pizza
- Football game and nachos
- Popcorn and a chick-flick
- Crosswords and breakfast for dinner
- Make a dessert together
- Friday Night Lights marathon
- Homemade pizzas and an Italian movie
Light Pink dates have things we can do away from home but are less expensive than the red and don’t require as much planning.
- Dinner and a movie (my choice and his choice)
- Laser tag and go carts
- Mexican night at Cocina Superior
- Drive-In date
- Dessert only date
- Window shopping for the house
- The Melting Pot
- Coffee Date